Monday, August 22, 2011

As I Sit Here Contemplating Your Butt...

This is not an Emily Post Poem
day 94


Love love love the shirt Sir! Get it here!
I am sitting in the operating waiting room. Any minute, the surgeon duo will arrive, smiling their self assured smiles that tell me, "We've got this. We didn't kill your dad. Heck we might have even saved his life."


But in the meantime, I am staring at a very young couple. Her hair is  swept up in a tight glossy bun. She is dressed in a pretty linen oatmeal colored dress, sleeveless and tied with a ribbon belt. She is very pregnant and the short dress made shorter by her protruding belly. But it's the boyfriend who catches my eye. He is wearing a backwards baseball cap, classic polo shirt and belted khaki pants on his thin body. The pants have been deliberately pulled down below his flat buttocks to display blue striped boxer shorts. No matter which way he moves, stands or slouches, it appears as though any minute the slacks will slip down to the ground.


As the couple departs with their mothers, one mom chides the pregnant girl for wearing such a short dress. "Girl that is not a dress, it's a tee shirt. You pregnant now you better start dressing like it." She looks at me for confirmation of the point, shaking  her head and smiling. I am dumbfounded and annoyed.


Oy.  I wish I had been wearing this fabulous shirt that day.


Good night friends,
Wanda



4 comments:

Dee said...

Too funny - thanks for the chuckle!

Peacock Tres Chic said...

LOLZ! My husband and I always have snide remarks about the kids wearing their pants down to their crotch. I think he needs this shirt....

Thanks for this!

Terry said...

And now here is evidence that this trend may just be ready to go away!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTs4npMw9VQ

can I stop young men on the street to show them this, or is that considered bad form?

Wanda Fleming of River Girls Soap said...

very amusing Terry.. ;-)